Monday, December 27, 2010
Friday, December 24, 2010
Monday, April 19, 2010
So I got a wonderful opportunity to knit a great shawl for a friend of mine who is totally fabulous, Alana at NeverNotKnitting!! Check out her website here for a much better picture of the shawl (I'm still working on photography ... obviously not my strong suit!!) and her beautiful version of Cosette here.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Yarn: Cascade Di.Ve' Teseo, Clr #32011-self-striping (50g-98yds; 45% microfiber/55%wool).
Needles: US 8 - 16" circular needle (for cast on and ribbing only); US 9 - 16" circular needle; US 9 - double pointed needles
Notions: 6 stitch markers (1-marker color #1 & 5-markers color #2); tapestry needle.
Gauge: 4 sts=1" on larger needle in-the-round (please use appropriate needles to achieve correct gauge)
Abbreviations: sts- stitches; k - knit; p - purl; m - marker; sm - slip marker; pm - place marker; m1 - lift bar between sts and knit through the back loop; k2tog - insert right needle into sts on left needle through front loops, knit together; ssk - slip 2 sts knitwise one at a time off left needle, insert left needle through slipped sts from left to right, knit together; CO - cast on; Stst - Stockinette Stitch - knit all stitches on right side; rnd(s) - round(s).
Note: Made for head circumference of about 22", measured around the crown. Ribbing circumference about 16" unstretched.
1) CO 64 sts with smaller needle. Place stitch marker for beginning of round, join in round being careful not to twist the stitches.
2) K1, p1 [1x1 rib] for 6 rnds (approx. 1"-1.5").
3) Increase rnd: *K1, m1, k2, m1. Repeat from * to 4 sts before m; K1, m1, k1, m1, k1, m1, k1, m1. (108 sts) Increase so that number of stitches are in multiples of 6.
4) Stockinette rounds: Knit in Stst for 4" to 4.5" (or to your preference…the longer the stockinette area the slouchier the hat.)
5) Decrease Set-up rnd: sm-color #1, *k18, pm-color #2. Repeat from * to end [6 markers total]. (108 sts - 18 sts between each marker)
6) Decrease rnds: *K to 2 sts before m, ssk, sm, k2tog. Repeat from * to end. Decrease 12 sts every other rnd 8 times. [12 sts remain]
7) Final decrease rnd: k2tog to end. [6 sts remain]
8) Cut yarn leaving about 6-10" tail, thread tail onto tapestry needle, draw through remaining sts, pull tightly and fasten off by weaving into wrong side of hat.
9) Weave in all ends. Block over a large pasta bowl or plate.
I accept full responsibility for any mistakes in this pattern, so please let me know of any mistakes. You can email me here.